Farm Business Farm Management (FBFM) Field Staff
This position provides opportunities to work with commercial farmers in financial management, economic analysis, business organization, accounting and tax. Field Staff are employed by local FBFM Associations in the area of service.
Lincoln FBFM Association
Position in South Western Illinois serving mainly Montgomery county and portions of the surrounding areas. Requires BS degree in addition to background or experience related to production agriculture. The office location for this position would be in Litchfield, IL.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Economics, Accounting or Finance.
- Agricultural experience relevant to position responsibilities, which would include a working knowledge of agricultural business processes, issues and terminology.
- Professional experiences that demonstrate ability to build and maintain client relationships and a desire to serve a farm clientele.
- Residency within or near designated service area in Illinois
- Valid driver's license, U.S. citizenship and background check.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Income tax planning and preparation with farm businesses.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with academic and professional experience.
- Retirement, disability, accidental death, life and health plans.
- Financial and accounting records supervision and summarization for approximately 100 farmer cooperators. Records are maintained on manual or computer accounting systems at the discretion of the cooperator.
- Assist cooperators with economic and financial analysis of farm operating results and other issues that affect the farm business.
- Preparation of income tax returns, financial statements and cash flows.
- Participate in Illinois Farm Business Farm Management Association activities and committees.
Information & Applications
Illinois Farm Business Farm Management
450 Mumford Hall
1301 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
Ph: (217) 333-5511